Whew, what a sweat sesshh we had today. It consisted of:
10 min Treadmill
10 min elliptical
10 min jump rope
A few weights
20 min Pilates video
After this hard workout, we both showered up, and made some Chocolate Cherry Bombs. They were cold, and the perfect fuel for a good workout. I gotta say these Starby’s Tumblers are awesome, and not to mention adorable.
Since we did not have work today, Court and I were responsible for dinner. This morning we flipped through cookbooks, and magazines for ideas, then settled on Stuffed Tomatoes out of this months issue of vegetarian times. Then, we steamed some veggies, cooked some lentils, and threw together a big side salad.
It was a yummy meal, that was yet again a hit in this household with all that had one.
vegetarian Times Ricotta Stuffed Tomatoes
- 8 Large Beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbs plus 4 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup diced zucchini plus 24 very thin slices
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Slice tops off tomatoes, and scoop pulp out of centers to make stuffable tomato shells; set aside. Discard half of tomato pulp; remove seeds from and finely shop remaining half of pulp.
- Whisk together eggs and riccota in medium bowl until smooth. Stir in red onion, basil, 2 tbs. Parmesan, and garlic. Add corn, diced zucchini, and chopped tomato pulp; stir until combined.
- Fill tomatoes just to top with 1/2 cup of ricotta mixture. Sprinkle each tomato with 1/2 tsp. Parmesan, and top each with 3 zucchini slices and tomato top. Place in large baking dish
- Bake 45 minutes, or until filling is puffed up and tops are browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Per stuffed tomato: 130 cals;9 grams protein; 5 grams total fat
And dessert was provided complementary of Karstee. We had a cinnamon butter braid. And to pair a scoop of Carmel Praline Fro-yo. MMM, what a great end to a tasty dinner.
Tomorrow we have another day off from work. Hooray, some more sleep, and some more free time. Now were going off to go bake some Maple Protein bars.
QOD: Are you a morning workout person or night? And what are some of your favorite workouts and/or workout DVD’s this summer?
XOXO Court & Whit♥